Honest Weight relies on Member-Owners to help run our store in a variety of ways. Here is a list of current needs, sorted by department. Please keep in mind your discount status when inquiring about assignments.
These are one-time, task-specific projects.
Outreach needs two member-owners to prepare chocolate goodies on Sunday and Monday, 2/12 and 2/13, for the Co-op’s Tour de Chocolat right before Valentine’s Day. Contact Amy at amy-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 128.
These are ongoing needs, listed by department.
- Weekly stockers who can do heavy lifting
- Weekly herb stockers, most evenings; some related clerical duties
- Monthly member-owners for deep cleaning of Bulk, early morning or late evening hours, any day of the week. This will require some heavy lifting, and a self-directed member would be a good fit for this task
- Please contact Tom G. at tom-AT-honestweight.coop, or 518.482.2667 x 130 to sign up
- Weekly member-owners with knowledge of department’s products and a passion for fine foods
- Tasks include cleaning, cutting and wrapping, shelf maintenance, off-site event support, etc
- Openings: Various days and times throughout the week; call or email to schedule
- Contact Linda D. at lindad-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 254
- Weekly member-owners with food experience, Sundays, 8:30 to 11:30am, in bakery Friday, Saturday and Tuesdays, 6 – 9am
- Weekly member-owners for front of house to package salads and food, all times open
- Monthly member-owners for cleaning and organizing
- Contact Dan H. at danh-AT-honestweight.coop
- Monthly or weekly Courtesy Clerks to bag customer groceries and assist customers at the register; sign up for a time slot at the Service Desk, especially need coverage on weekends from noon to 7pm
- Weekly Cashiers needed on all days, especially Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and Sunday evenings
- Current or Past Cashiers to be on substitute list for cancellations
- For more information, contact Katie at katie-AT-honestweight.coop
- Monthly and weekly help with stocking, conditioning, auditing and cleaning, clerical
- Stocker on Thursday and Saturday mornings, as early as 6am, conditioners Wednesday through Saturday in the afternoon, closers on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, and sign auditors on a flexible basis
- Ask the Service Desk to page Grocery to speak with them
- For clerical, contact Georgia S. at Georgia.sullivan-AT-honestweight.coop
- Weekly member-owners to help in the cold room which requires wearing a hat/hair covering; bagging, cleaning and providing customer service, 6 ̶̶ 9pm, Tuesday - Sunday
- Monthly member-owners to clean
- Contact Nick B. at nick-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 257
- Monthly and weekly help with stocking, prep, and cleaning
- Throughout the week at varied times; call or email for an updated listing and/or to schedule
- Contact Brendan K. at brendan.kelly-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 253
- Monthly and weekly help checking pricing accuracy throughout the store
- Day and times are flexible, excluding peak shopping hours
- Contact Stephen Q. at stephenq-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 162
- Monthly or weekly member-owners excited about rigorous and rewarding Community Outreach, with open availability (especially weekdays), who are skilled at engaging large groups of children and adults
- Contact Amy E. at amy-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 128
- Monthly instructors to teach classes at the Co-op which are related to our mission (such as health and wellness, alternative diets, ecological sustainability, etc.)
- Bimonthly writing, illustrating, or otherwise contributing to the Coop Scoop
- Special Events staffing on an as-needed basis
- Contact Education Coordinator, Georgia J., at georgiaj-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 219 if you have special interests, skills or knowledge that you would like to share with our community
- Weekly help for Café Maintenance at mealtimes: clear and wipe tables, maintain cutlery and other supplies, spot sweep and wipe floors, bring bus trays to the kitchen
- Monthly and weekly help Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday days, and any night to close the store; tasks include cleaning bathrooms, dust-mopping floors, and taking garbage to the dumpsters; or help with floor care in the evenings, starting at 10pm.
- Contact John D. at john.daubney-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 103
Maintenance and Grounds Support
- Monthly and weekly member-owners in early morning and late evening for numerous tasks. Proficiency with tools, ladders, paint, etc. Computer and mechanical literacy desired. Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Contact Brian P. at brian-AT-honestweight.coop or x 155
- Monthly and weekly help gardening (planting and weeding), April to October. Contact Janet S. at memberservices-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 104
Co-op Voice Newsletter
- Monthly or weekly Editors, writers, and other support positions are available for the new online member newsletter.
- Contact Editors-AT-coopvoice.com
Shoppers’ Helpers/Parking Attendants
- Monthly and weekly member-owners to assist customers, back-up Courtesy Clerks, and help wherever needed as Shoppers Helpers, throughout the week at various times. Must be out-going!
- Monthly and weekly Parking Lot Attendants to help shoppers navigate the parking lot, unload groceries, and return their shopping carts, especially on the weekends and during our busy holiday seasons
- Monthly and/or weekly member-owners to greet customers at the front entrance
- Please contact Janet S. at memberservices-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 104
- Monthly member-owners for tabling. Must be friendly and outgoing. Current project: encouraging member-owners to sign consent to change all communication to email
- Monthly and/or weekly member-owners for data entry.
- Contact Janet S. at memberservices-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 104
If you have questions about any of the information on this page, please contact Janet Sorell at memberservices-AT-honestweight.coop.