Meat & Seafood
Our meat is local, from sustainable farms, and freshly harvested.
Here at Honest Weight the quality of our meat is paramount. The manager of our meat department personally visits many local farms - checking out the farms, the farmers and their stock - all to build the area's best farm-to-store meat service.
Working with a select group of local and regional farms, the Co-op is able to offer a fine variety of products, including poultry, beef, pork, lamb, and goat.
Honest Weight promotes:
- Meat and Poultry free of hormones and antibiotics
- Grass-fed and Grass-finished Beef
- Certified Organic Meat and Poultry
- Products from animals that have been humanely raised, under conditions that promote freedom of movement and access to pasture
Many of Honest Weight's meat products are not available anywhere else in the Capital Region unless you buy directly from the farmer. That's one reason many customers trust us so much that they won’t buy meat anywhere else but at the Co-op.
Here are some of the newest items now available in our meat department:
- Grindstone salmon jerky
- Smoked chicken and turkey breasts made right here in the store with local meat
- Local wild caught seafood from Port Clyde Fresh Catch in Maine: cooked crab meat, shrimp, and seasonal caught fish fillets
- Sweet Tree ground beef (fresh, not frozen)
- Wrong Direction Farm pork
- Stony Brook Farm pork