Honest Weight relies on Member-Owners to help run our store in a variety of ways. Here is a list of current needs, sorted by department. Please keep in mind your discount status when inquiring about assignments.
Marketing Admin Assistant
The Marketing team is looking for a tech-savvy Member-Owner to help with some file organization. Duties include:
- sorting and naming of art,
- organizing images and logos,
- creating folders etc..
This is a temporary member position that could take between 40 and 60 hours. Scheduling is flexible.
To apply or to learn more, please contact Georgia: GeorgiaJ-AT-honestweight.coop, or John: JohnAkots-AT-honestweight.coop
Click the department below to see available opportunities.
- Weekly stockers who can do heavy lifting
- Weekly herb stockers, most evenings; some related clerical duties
- Monthly member-owners for deep cleaning of Bulk, early morning or late evening hours, any day of the week. This will require some heavy lifting, and a self-directed member would be a good fit for this task
- Please contact Tom G. at tom-AT-honestweight.coop, or 518.482.2667 x 130 to sign up
Cheese & Specialty Foods
- Weekly member-owners with knowledge of department’s products and a passion for fine foods
- Tasks include cleaning, cutting and wrapping, shelf maintenance, off-site event support, etc
- Openings: Various days and times throughout the week; call or email to schedule
- Contact Linda D. at lindad-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 254
- Weekly member-owners with food experience: Sundays, 8:30 to 11:30am
- Weekly member-owners NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY: bakery Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 6 – 9am, but especially Saturday, 6 – 9am to stock the display case, etc
- Weekly member-owners for front of house to package salads and food, all times open
- Monthly member-owners for cleaning and organizing
- Contact Dan H. at danh-AT-honestweight.coop
- Monthly or weekly Courtesy Clerks to bag customer groceries and assist customers at the register; sign up for a time slot at the Service Desk, especially need coverage on Friday late afternoon and weekends from noon to 7pm
- Weekly Cashiers needed on all days, various times
- Current or Past Cashiers to be on substitute list for cancellations
- For more information, contact Katie at katie-AT-honestweight.coop
- Monthly and weekly help with stocking, conditioning, auditing and cleaning, clerical
- Stocker on Thursday and Saturday mornings, as early as 6am, conditioners Wednesday through Saturday in the afternoon, closers on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, and sign auditors on a flexible basis
- Ask the Service Desk to page Grocery to speak with them
- For clerical, contact Georgia S. at Georgia.sullivan-AT-honestweight.coop
Meat & Seafood
- Weekly member-owners to help in the cold room which requires wearing a hat/hair covering; bagging, cleaning and providing customer service, 6 - 9pm, Tuesday - Sunday
- Monthly member-owners to clean
- Contact Nick B. at nick-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 257
- Monthly and weekly help with stocking, prep, and cleaning
- Throughout the week at varied times, especially Tuesday; call or email for an updated listing and/or to schedule
- Contact Brendan K. at brendan.kelly-AT-honestweight.coop, or 518.482.2667 x 253
- Monthly or weekly member-owners excited about rigorous and rewarding Community Outreach, with open availability (especially weekdays), who are skilled at engaging large groups of children and adults
- Contact Amy E. at amy-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 128
- Monthly instructors to teach classes at the Co-op which are related to our mission (such as health and wellness, alternative diets, ecological sustainability, etc.)
- Special Events staffing on an as-needed basis
- Contact Education Coordinator, Suzanne M., at suzannemartin-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 219 if you have special interests, skills or knowledge that you would like to share with our community
- Bimonthly The Coop Scoop is a bi-monthly print publication that needs writers, illustrators, and photographers for assignments on a bimonthly basis. Writers can choose from several suggested topics or suggest their own around an issue theme. Photographers may be asked to visit local businesses, farms, or organizations or accompany writers on interviews or site visits.
- The Coop Scoop also needs distributors to deliver the Coop Scoop to various coffee shops, wellness centers, libraries, yoga studios, garden shops, kitchen shops, medical offices, etc.
- Please send examples of your writing or photography, or express your interest in distribution, to Suzanne M. at suzannemartin-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 219
- Weekly help for Café Maintenance at mealtimes: clear and wipe tables, maintain cutlery and other supplies, spot sweep and wipe floors, bring bus trays to the kitchen
- Monthly and weekly help Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday days, and any night to close the store; tasks include cleaning bathrooms, dust-mopping floors, and taking garbage to the dumpsters; or help with floor care in the evenings, starting at 10pm.
- Contact John D. at john.daubney-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 103
Maintenance and Grounds Support
- Monthly and weekly member-owners in early morning and late evening for numerous tasks. Proficiency with tools, ladders, paint, etc. Computer and mechanical literacy desired. Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Contact Brian P. at brian-AT-honestweight.coop
- Monthly and weekly help gardening (planting and weeding), April to October. Contact Janet S. at memberservices-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 104
Co-op Voice Newsletter
- Monthly or weekly Writers, support positions and/or ideas for articles are available for the online member newsletter.
- Contact Editors-AT-coopvoice.com
Greeters/Shoppers’ Helpers/Parking Attendants
- NEW OPPORTUNITY: member-owners to greet customers at the front entrance
- Monthly and weekly member-owners to assist customers, back-up Courtesy Clerks, and help wherever needed as Shoppers Helpers, throughout the week at various times. Must be outgoing!
- Monthly and weekly Parking Lot Attendants to help shoppers navigate the parking lot, unload groceries, and return their shopping carts, especially on the weekends and during our busy holiday season
- Please contact Janet S. at memberservices-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 104
- Monthly and/or weekly member-owners for occasional data entry
- Contact Janet S. at memberservices-AT-honestweight.coop or 518.482.2667 x 104
- Weekly member-owners with interest and passion for the department’s products to help with receiving orders, stocking shelves, back-stocking, fronting shelves, and customer service
- Monthly member-owners for cleaning and organizing
- Various shifts are available, mornings are preferable
- Contact Alex M. at AlexM-AT-honestweight.coop
If you have questions about any of the information on this page, please contact Janet Sorell at memberservices-AT-honestweight.coop.